Mesquite Recycles Day is held on the second Saturday each May and November from 8am to noon in the front parking lot of Poteet High School. Poteet High School is located at 3300 Poteet Drive. Vehicles will enter the event through the front entrance on Galloway.
The following list of items will be accepted:
- E-waste(computers, monitors, television, printers, any electronic device)
- Used cellular phones, cellular phone batteries and accessories, used laser and ink jet printer cartridges, and used rechargeable batteries
- Gently used eye glasses
- Gently used books, videos, DVDs, CDs, and Books on Tape (please note: as of May, 2015 the library will no longer accept magazines. Please place these in your regular recycling bin)
- Gently used clothing, handbags, linens, and towels
- Gently used toys and children’s items
- Tires and used appliances
A document destruction truck will also be available on site. Onsite shredding will be provided by Secure Onsite Shredding, a NAISD-Certifiedfor more information on the document destruction process. If needed, you can receive a document of destruction after the event on the Keep Mesquite Beautiful website.
Please Note: Household Hazardous Waste will NOT be accepted!
Commercial office waste and Household hazardous waste will NOT be accepted at this event. All household hazardous waste (i.e. paint cans, pesticides, and motor oil) must be taken to 11234 Plano Road, Dallas, Texas 75243.
Please visit: http://www.dallascounty.org/department/plandev/hhw_intro.htm for more details.
For more information about Mesquite Recycles Day, visit www.keepmesquitebeautiful.org or call the office at 972.329.8331.